The Housekeeping Department of the Hotel Industry stands for one motto–‘Creating a home away from home’. The Housekeeping Department takes immense pride in maintaining the utmost standards of cleanliness and quality.The target of all accommodation establishment is to offer their clients with hygienic, pleasant, serene and welcoming surroundings that offer complete value for client’s money.
Housekeeping makes your hotel experience an enjoyable one!
Nothing attracts customers more than a spick and span hotel environment. No standard of service, courteousness or glamour can equal the happiness a customer has upon entering a spotless, clean and conveniently arranged room and amenities.Management and guests both agree that maintaining a clean and tidy room environment is a pre-requisite to command a fair compensation and get repeat business, hence, creating a loyal customer base and increased profits.
How Important is Housekeeping?
Housekeeping is an important department of the hotel industry especially responsible for cleanliness, aesthetic upkeep of the rooms, maintenance, public area, back area and surroundings.After cleanliness and quality of the rooms and services, a hotel solely survives on the sale of room, food, beverages and other minor amenities and services, for instance, health club, gymnasiums, relaxing spas etc.
The sale of the rooms and services constitute a minimum of 50% of all sales, making it a major constituent of the hotel’s margin of profits. Now, the effort and hard work that the housekeeping department makes in giving their clients a desirable experience often has a direct bearing on the guest’s stay in the hotel. Hotel rooms and suites are the heart of a hotel. And the housekeeping department not only prepares tidy and comfortable guestrooms on a regular basis for arriving clients, but also cleans and maintains a certain quality of rooms in a hotel so that the surroundings look as fresh as new and attract customers to stay longer or choose the services again in future.
Thus, Housekeeping is an ancillary department that is committed to devoting its services in a huge way towards the overall reputation and success of the hotel industry.
It is often said that the job of housekeeping department is a well-rounded operation that tirelessly works for a time frame of 24 x 7 x 365. Other than the hotel industry, professional housekeeping personnel are highly in demand in cruise liners and luxury settings. Since several such organizations prefer to outsource housekeeping functions, contract housekeeping is becoming an extremely popular choice these days.
Golden rules of the Housekeeping Department
• Always achieve the maximum possible efficiency in ensuring the comfort of clients and in smooth sailing of the guest’s stay,
• Always establish a comforting and soothing atmosphere and ensure reliable and courteous services from all other staffs of the department,
• Always ensure utmost standards of cleanliness and general upkeep in all areas that befall on the shoulders of the housekeeping department,
• Always honour the idea that the hotel guest is your guest, and the hotel room is your own home. Have a sense of pride in hosting the client and make him feel welcome at all times,
• Always ensure that all required safety and security guidelines are met for the client’s satisfaction,
• Always provide clean linens and maintain the inventory for the same,
• Always provide the necessary uniforms for all the staff and maintain adequate reserves for the same,
• Always cater to the laundering requirements of the guests and maintain the decor of the room to the best standard,
• Always coordinate renovation and refurbishing of the hotel property in accordance with the rules provided by the management and interior designers,
• Always ensure a good working relationship with other departments.
• Housekeeping management, thus, is at the core of all vital hotel operations and can make the difference between a beloved hotel and one that guests are unlikely to visit again.
Miss AnchisaYuangpongkaew BE 3/2
Miss Suphalak Chatchaona BE 3/2